Lite firmware for Mac?

Started by daneltravieso, July 08, 2013, 04:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daneltravieso

I'm using firmware version 0.3.24 firmware on my Mac currently. I want to try clearing and re-installing the firmware on the Lite to try and fix a fault. Where do I find the latest version of the Classic Lite firmware that is compatible with Mac?

Halfcrazy

Mike was working on making the Python updater more friendly I will point him to this thread and see if he can comment.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

daneltravieso

Thanks, sorry, I didn't exactly state my issue correctly I'm running version 0.3.24 of the Local Status Panel App on my Mac. not firmware - what I'm looking for is a firmware download that will pass through my Mac onto the Lite via the USB or ethernet connections.

Mike_Midnite

Here is the Python Script for updating classics on MAC and Linux with instructions for each. This would be through the USB cable. Since you have a Classic Lite, do NOT update the MNGP (MidNite Graphics Panel) since you have an MNLP (MidNite Lite Panel) and those do not need to be updated. Only the Classic Model you have. This is a command line tool, we do not have a graphical update for Linux or MAC. This is 6-8-2013 Classic code and is considered BETA but it was a small update to networking and has not had any problems so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijwzjpem1hzrlg0/MNUpdateForMAC-6-8-13.zip
Mike Wood
Midnite Solar Inc
Mike@midnitesolar.com

daneltravieso

daneltravieso

Having looked at the instructions for your update Mike; gobbledygook! What language are you speaking?! Unfortunately that is way over my head.

TomW

Quote from: daneltravieso on July 10, 2013, 04:35:13 AM
Having looked at the instructions for your update Mike; gobbledygook! What language are you speaking?! Unfortunately that is way over my head.

Yep, this method is very unlike  Mac.

"Terminal" is a program in your "Applications" folder someplace. Open it and follow the instructions provided by typing the commands into the terminal window.

Pretty simple but not a click the mouse buttons type graphical program like most Mac stuff.

That is the best help I can offer. I haven't had a Mac myself in about 7 or 8 years.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

I am curious what "Fault" you are trying to fix with a firmware update on the Lite?

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: daneltravieso on July 08, 2013, 04:57:50 AM
I'm using firmware version 0.3.24 firmware on my Mac currently. I want to try clearing and re-installing the firmware on the Lite to try and fix a fault. Where do I find the latest version of the Classic Lite firmware that is compatible with Mac?

Daniel;

It just dawned on me that 0.3.24 is the Local Application current version and does not sound like a firmware version?

If that is so here is a page on installing that:

http://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/7

Probably just a simple matter of removing the application and reinstalling. Probably need to update / reinstall Adobe AIR, also, which the Local Application uses.

Good Luck with it.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Yes I missed the reference to the Local App software version. That and the Classic firmware are completely unrelated. The Local App is done over the internet and should auto update. The version you have is the most current version of that.

What serial# is the Lite and or can you look at it on the local app and see what firmware version it is?

Ryan

Mike_Midnite

I think he was just thinking that the Local App might be able to update his classic.
Mike Wood
Midnite Solar Inc
Mike@midnitesolar.com

Halfcrazy

Mike
I think that is a novel Idea. I think I found a project for you  ::)

Ryan

daneltravieso

Yep, I did correct myself pretty quickly about it being firmware I was looking to update and not my local app. and yes it would be good to see the the local app do that - in fact it would be good to see the local app do a whole lot more things too, like detect the device when it's connected without having to open and close the application up to ten times! It could give error codes that mean something to other people apart from you guys that write the code!
In answer to Ryan's question about what fault - I received your tech support response (thanks) and of course you are right that I simply have a low input voltage. I was advised to try re-installing the firmware but my research through this forum has moved me on considerably from that point. Unfortunately my panel ocv being 52v and my battery voltage being 72v means I am swinging between under and over voltage summer to winter. I posted on the original thread for any help with this issue.
Thanks all!