News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

WB jr. Q&A

Started by Rybren, October 04, 2013, 11:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

yeah that's not new to me either ,hard wood and alumina is produced in Guyana but its a similar story for it to reach the retail market,you shouldn't worry about it too must just stresses you out.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

mtdoc

Yeah, I get it. Not an uncommon thing in the global economy..

But - since some  WB Jr's were drop shipped - it didn't make sense to me why mine wasn't as well.   The guy at NAWs thought it was odd as well.

Oh well - patience, patience, sigh...
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

Vic

Hi Doc,

Since I know nothing about MN manufacturing,  I had wondered if perhaps MN ran out of the first production run,  perhaps the next run is larger,  and Wind-Sun will get a fairly large supply.  And therefore,  Drop-shipping would really be less efficient,  as many folks will buy something in addition to the WBjr ...   Guessing done for now.    Good Luck getting yours soon.   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

mtdoc

You are probably right Vic.

Maybe next time Midnite releases a new product I'm inpatient to get my hands on, I'll drive over to Arlington and knock on their door with cash (and maybe some beer) in hand... ;D
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

Vic

Since the post above,  had also thought that perhaps Wind-Sun was dipping their toe in the water.  Winter is approaching,  and perhaps resellers do not want to load up on inventory unless there is a demonstrated demand for a product  ...  dunno.

I will not be able to use the WBjr for a bit more than a week,  as the old house in town is completely scaffolded for a new roof,  gutters and some painting ...  trying to beat the rains which have been patiently waiting for us to start painting!

Have Fun,  Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

mtdoc

Quote from: Vic on October 25, 2013, 07:51:39 PM
Since the post above,  had also thought that perhaps W-S was dipping their toe in the water.  Winter is approaching,  and perhaps resellers do not want to load up on inventory unless there is a demonstrated demand for a product  ...  dunno.

Maybe so but NAWs definitely did not earn any customer service brownie points on this one. After 5 days of no word on pending shipment I emailed their customer support and heard nothing. After 3 more days I called and they were friendly for sure but gave no good explanation for the continued delay other than "we are waiting to get some from Midnite".

It was not listed as backorderd or out of stock when I ordered it. If drop shipping for me was not an option they at least should have sent me an email...

No biggie really - I'm not worked up about it and have been happy with NAWs orders in the past - they just dropped the ball a bit on this one  is all...

ClassicCrazy

Yeah - I called NAWS the other day also to inquire about my order since they had charged my credit card. They also told me the Whizbangs Juniors are due in on Monday. They have been holding off shipping the other things I had ordered which were all in stock.  I told them I could wait until Monday since he said they had a tracking number which said Whizzers would be in then. 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mtdoc

My CC was charged on 10-18.  :-[

Just sayin.....

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: mtdoc on October 26, 2013, 03:27:50 AM
My CC was charged on 10-18.  :-[

Just sayin.....
I cut them some slack since they usually have good prices, sponsor a great solar forum, and have a very informative store webpage. But they do fall a bit short on the fullfillment end of things from time to time.  Everything always comes eventually ! 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Vic

mtdoc,

Yep,  looks like you ordered your Jrs before me.  I called and spoke with Dave,  who seemed to know that the Jrs would be drop-shipped directly from MN.

Generally,  Wind - Sun does a very good job,  sometimes things do get hung up.   Next order with them,  will probably be my turn for a hang up.  Have Fun,  Vic

mahendra

i am waiting till supply becomes steady and more importantly until i have $
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

offgridQLD

So just to to confirm my thinking. I am just about to install my 2nd classic . So I will have two classics  charging the one battery bank using follow me mode. So do I only need one WBJR connected to the master classic. The slave classic will follow the master. The WBJR will  send  readings for battery  load/charge amps to the master classic.

Is there any features lost in this kind of arrangement. In that the slave classic doesn't have a WBJR or any advantage in having a WBJR on both or is that even possible or necessary.

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

TomW

Quote from: offgridQLD on October 28, 2013, 06:28:25 PM
So just to to confirm my thinking. I am just about to install my 2nd classic . So I will have two classics  charging the one battery bank using follow me mode. So do I only need one WBJR connected to the master classic. The slave classic will follow the master. The WBJR will  send  readings for battery  load/charge amps to the master classic.

Is there any features lost in this kind of arrangement. In that the slave classic doesn't have a WBJR or any advantage in having a WBJR on both or is that even possible or necessary.

Kurt

I have 2X Classics and inverters. I only use one WBjr. Just run all the negatives through one shunt and mount the WBjr on that shunt. You can use 2 of them, too somehow but my 2nd Classic needs AUX2 for Clipper control on my turbine so I had to do the one shunt for all loads method.

Good luck with it.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Tons001

I am still trying to figure out what the WB jr. will actually do. It is simply to help gauge when the ending amps for my battery bank has been made so the classic will transition to float? Will it have any control on the classic's transition from bulk to absorb based on amps needing to be replaced?
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

Vic

Hi Tons..

Right now,  the WBjr will command the Classic to transition from Absorb to Float,  as you mentioned,  based on the actual battery charge current.

The Classic causes the transition from Bulk to Absorb,  based upon the Absorption voltage setting in the Classic.  The CC needs no other information,  other than that from the Batt Temp Sensor to do this task.

Here is a link to the WBjr manual;
http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/Whizbang_manual.pdf

The WB also tabulates AH,  at this point,  and several things like Amps to/from the battery,  IIRC.

The hardware will allow additional functions to be added later with FirmWare updates.  It is possible that it could become part of a full Battery Monitor in the future ...  time will tell just how.  Vic