News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Status of Clipper

Started by David, December 07, 2010, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windpro

There appears to be some confusion within this drawing.   Is the unit reversed top to bottom as shown in the 3D isometric view?  Is the module on the left and the dump load on the right hand side?

Thanks

Halfcrazy

It is all the same box. The surface with the 4 KO's has 1 large vent hole is the bottom that directly lines up with one of the 2 large vent holes on the top. The view is just transparent so you can see the relation ship between top and bottom.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

Clippers and Bergey Boxes are definitely starting to happen !!

boB

PS...  I stand corrected.  Those ARE Bergey boxes (turbine interface, rectifier, brakes)

Clippers will be done next week I think.

[attachment deleted by admin]
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

Hey I see Bergey Boxes this is progress.

The Bergey Box contains a 3 phase breaker for over current protection as well as a stop switch. It also houses the rectifier. This was designed to work with the Classic and Bergey XL1. It will be available with different amperage breakers for other turbines as well and will probably have a different name than the Bergey Box. This is the project that was just ahead of the Clipper. With any luck we can see a picture of 12 Clippers on that table next week.

windpro

Thanks Ryan and boB for all the info.

I know this is probably pushing my luck with as many variables as there is but will there be a reference matrix chart available to size (correctly the first time) the various forms of the Clipper?  As we all know there is many different wind generators that produce either DC or AC at various voltages and amperages.  Must not forget the overall maximum peak power production that can be obtained.  This also can be problematic as "real world" results are inherently variable with wind generators.

Another method I have seen done to stop mismatches is to create a pull down questionaire (that asks one question at a time) on a website to obtain the correct model.

Just a few thoughts.  Can't wait for the Clipper to help end some design and installation pain.  :)

Antero

I am new here.
I have had windpower for a long time.
My story;

http://translate.google.fi/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.poikkis.net%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D5033.0&act=url

I will order 2 units Classic 150 model at once, but I need the clippers to both units.

When is the clipper ready ?

Antero
Finland

Antero

I have been in contact to several windpower friends here in Finland and I now have a solution for a "clipper" on my site.
I do understand, that its a very challenging (perhaps even not possible)  problem to develope a clipper to suite..  ???
So many variables in every windgenerator etc

I will order my units and tell you how its works here.

Winds are getting higher here !

Good winds.

Antero
Finland

coke

Any news for us?

Maybe a release window?

Halfcrazy

Well I have some news but........... We have built and tested circuit boards boB seems real happy with them. All the resistors and everything is in house to build these except one key piece................................... SHEET METAL ??? ??? ???

Last I heard Sunday this has not been started and no promise of a delivery date so I truly do not know what to say except sorry for dragging everyone along 2 weeks at a time. I will try to keep this thread updated when there is any sign of progress. I can tell you we are working with a few shops now to try to eliminate this in the future but I have no idea what we are going to do on the Clipper sheet metal. I will talk to Robin today and see if we have a back up plan?

Sorry for the delay
Ryan

windpro

Acting as a reminder:  Any update to the release of the Clipper?  Progress report?  Almost a week from another month passing.  Thanks

boB

Yeah, we are still limited by the lack of sheet metal right now.

All of our suppliers are booked.  This is one reason why some places go to China for this stuff.

We are trying to keep the local companies busy.  But looks like they're already busy.

I did hear a rumor last week that the company is starting to work on this metal though.

Sounds like there IS some hope !

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

windpro

That's unfortuate.  I used to work for a couple of years for a sheet metal fabricator that could have easily provided the boxes (made boxes for a lighting contractor and many other machinery parts, shipping machines, etc) in the Midwest that folded about 6-7 years ago that could not compete with China.  Definitely a higher cost to our jobs, your sales, and our US economy.

Maybe its time to start some in-house sheet metal fabrication as well and put some more to work.   ;D

Any chance to pre-order?

Thanks Midnite Solar and keep us posted!

windpro

Any status update (Ryan and boB) on the Clipper?

Any update as to the release timeline of the production versions?  Is the plan still to release the Clipper version for the Bergey XL1 first? 

Would rather see a non-specific version first.

boB

Quote from: windpro on October 30, 2011, 11:28:21 PM
Any status update (Ryan and boB) on the Clipper?

Any update as to the release timeline of the production versions?  Is the plan still to release the Clipper version for the Bergey XL1 first? 

Would rather see a non-specific version first.

I meant to take pictures to upload here to show that we are FINALLY assembling the first ones into the sheet metal !!   Yeaaaaahhhh !!!

They are really looking good !
Should  have more on this  in the next day or two.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

windpro

Another week has passed.  Any further update?  Thanks