To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Status of Clipper

Started by David, December 07, 2010, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: windpro on November 06, 2011, 11:23:15 PM
Another week has passed.  Any further update?  Thanks

Yes sir-eee !  There are a 12 being built and assembled right now.  Not sure exactly how many of them are spoken for, but
I know we have a lot more metalwork on order and a new PCB coming in.   Will post a picture tomorrow and possibly
more info.  Ryan may know better than me what the situation is though, and if so he can speak up.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

Yes the first 12 are going together now. I think all 12 are spoken for but we have a large batch of sheet metal and circuit boards coming in in 2 weeks or less so the clipper is a reality and will be on the price list finally hopefully today.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

Here is a picture from this morning of Matt and Doug (background) building Clippers...  There is a PCB you can't see and a fan that hasn't been installed yet.

boB

[attachment deleted by admin]
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Volvo Farmer

I see you still have the Valentines decorations up from when you ordered the sheet metal  :o

Hey Ryan, how does this box of stuff compare to the Homebrew clipper that I copied from your design for axial flux turbines?  I imagine it doesn't dead short the phases like your design but for something like a Piggot style 10 footer, do you see any real advantage to buying one of these? I don't think my clipper has come on for the last six months or so and has proven itself to protect the controller.

Halfcrazy

Volvo
The real differences would be Fail safe stand alone over voltage protection that does not need any outside sources to operate, PWM of the 3 phase to slow or stop the turbine no dead shorting. Integrated diversion load with self powered cooling fan. And I am sure I am missing something there as well.

The real advantage would be for someone setting things up the first time around as it has the rectifier and everything in one box.

Ryan

cdog

cdog

Updates??
Ballpark price??

Halfcrazy

Doug and crew has started building the next batch of 24 AC clippers. If this sheet metal all fits and makes them happy we will be ordering in larger production quantity's. The AC clipper info can be found here:  http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=320&productCatName=WIND%20PRODUCTS&productCat_ID=25

Ryan