Local Status Panel Will NOT POPULATE

Started by Jim Dorchak, April 26, 2022, 05:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Dorchak

Man I am just worn out trying to get the LOCAL STATUS PANEL to see my 3 Midnite Classic 150s.
HISTORY: I have had all 3 on the same network since 2018 and was able to monitor the classics from my PC about 100 feet from my Power House.
About a month ago I started having problems with my hard drive and had to wipe it clean and re install windows 10 on the system.
I re installed Adobe Air followed by Local Status Panel..........
The program opens but no menu or "Configuration" icons like before.
There are NO Classics to view. NONE...............
I have downloaded and re installed each of these programs at least 9 times or more. I have done this as administrator and with the WINDOWS FIRE WALL off as well as any and all Anti Virus software that I have installed. I am missing something simple I am sure but do not know what it is.
I do not want to play with the Network since it worked fine since 2018 with the current settings.

SIDE NOTES:
1. I am able to see the Classics in the Local Status Panel on the computer in the power room! No PROBLEM! No Change there........ but not at my house on the PC that I have been using to monitor it for the past 4 years.

2. I went to the start menu / CMD and pinged or did a ping of each Classic and was able to see GOOD RETURNS. No problem with the pings:

C:\Users\jimdo>ping 192.168.42.178

Pinging 192.168.42.178 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.42.178: bytes=32 time=90ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.42.178: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.42.178: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.42.178: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.42.178:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 90ms, Average = 25ms

Arrrrghhhh.................. still no joy.  Any advice out there please?
I have two off grid systems:
System 1: CLASSIC 150/  1500 watts 24 Volts / 6 panels @ 225w/ MPPSOLAR 5KW 24 Volt Inverter. Installed 2013

System 2: Two Classic 150s/ 10Kw 48 Volts/ 30 Panels @ 330w Canadian Solar/ 2 5KW MPPSOLAR 48V Inverters. Installed 2018

ClassicCrazy

Do you have your Classics set as static or DHCP ?
Try it both ways - but I have mine static and then if it doesn't find them  auto I put them in manually.
You should see the settings for putting the IP address in manually .
I know Windows will block certain programs now if they aren't signed - but there is a way to run them anyway. Usually it pops up a windows and tells you when that is happening though.
I know that recently when I get an update for Adobe Air it has a splash screen that says it is from some other company now - I forget which one .
Found it I  - try loading Adobe Air from this link .
https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime
I just checked Midnite's website and they seem to also have this corrected link already.
Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Jim Dorchak

So kind of you to help me.
I will check these settings tomorrow. I know right now that all 3 of my classics are set to DHCP. I will try to change them.
In the Local Status Panel you have a menu called "CONFIGURATION" this is not even showing up in the Local Status Panel window. So I can not enter the STATIC IPs.
I will check more tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
thanks from Chile. Jim
System 1: CLASSIC 150/  1500 watts 24 Volts / 6 panels @ 225w/ MPPSOLAR 5KW 24 Volt Inverter. Installed 2013

System 2: Two Classic 150s/ 10Kw 48 Volts/ 30 Panels @ 330w Canadian Solar/ 2 5KW MPPSOLAR 48V Inverters. Installed 2018

boB

I seem to remember from a LONG time ago that sometimes you have to go into where the data for yours is stored...

"C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store"

and just erase that directory before installing.    BUT if you installed a NEW LocalApp then I guess you would not have this directory there ?

Sometimes (as I remember) if something goes awry during installation, you might try deleting that directory and re-installing ANYWAY.

Or did it matter before or after installing ?  Can't remember.   But you might want to just erase that directory.

Might be worth a try ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Jim Dorchak

Ok I will give it a try..
It is late here now and I am just now today getting to my messages.
I will do some digging and let you know how it goes.
Thank you so kindly. Jim

Wizbandit

FYI - The Local App is restricted to ONE program running at a time.  You said you had another copy running, go shut that computer down and see if the other one starts working...

Jim Dorchak

Yes I do run that other Local Status Panel some times but only when I have that computer on and it is almost never on. I have a micro computer in the power house so that I can see what is going on with the system with out having to play with all the buttons and menu searches on the components. That being said, thank you for the advice it is likely something stupid like that going on and of course it would be my fault. Jim

Jim Dorchak

Quote from: boB on April 26, 2022, 09:04:01 PM

I seem to remember from a LONG time ago that sometimes you have to go into where the data for yours is stored...

"C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store"

and just erase that directory before installing.    BUT if you installed a NEW LocalApp then I guess you would not have this directory there ?

Sometimes (as I remember) if something goes awry during installation, you might try deleting that directory and re-installing ANYWAY.

Or did it matter before or after installing ?  Can't remember.   But you might want to just erase that directory.

Might be worth a try ?

I am not as good as I used to be with command prompt searches. But it seems to me that you have me on the right track. I seem to recall 4 to 5 years ago that I went through this step with someone at tech support and it was like POOF once everything was re installed it worked like magic.
too bad tech support can not give me help with this. Thanks for trying. Jim

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Jim Dorchak on June 30, 2022, 05:11:18 PM
Quote from: boB on April 26, 2022, 09:04:01 PM

Might be worth a try ?

I am not as good as I used to be with command prompt searches. But it seems to me that you have me on the right track. I seem to recall 4 to 5 years ago that I went through this step with someone at tech support and it was like POOF once everything was re installed it worked like magic.
too bad tech support can not give me help with this. Thanks for trying. Jim

What Bob suggested deleting you don't need to use the command prompt - it is just finding the files on the computer using file explorer and deleting them.
Do you have anyone local you know that has some computer skills that could help you out ? It isn't highly advanced stuff to do for someone who messes around with computers a bit.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable