Float current improvement

Started by Barry Fields, March 21, 2024, 08:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Fields

Please reference 2 prior posts "Pondering Charge Efficiencys" and "End amps vs Float current"

Over the last 2 months I have improved the health of my battery bank. With proper absorb and float settings and modifying load management, I have assured that the battery bank reaches a higher SOC (95-100%) more routinely.

In that 2months, the float current has decreased from approx 1000ma to 600ma. My gc10 batteries should be 450ma new but are presently 2 years old.

I am confident that a float confirmed absorb time would be of great benefit.
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.

Barry Fields

20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.