MNMPPT60DIY questions

Started by Barry Fields, May 25, 2024, 01:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Fields

Is this unit firmware upgradeable (RS232 port)?
Does (or can) this unit talk to MidNite's MDBUS (RS485 port)?

What is the obscure chance I could upgrade my Renogy Rover 60 to play well with MidNite products?

20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.

Wizbandit

The DIY60 does let you access data via MODBUS through its RS485 jack.  I had some experiential code running on the COMBOX that displayed all of it's status and data and settings.  I kind of pushed that project to the back burner when I started working on the CANBUS code.  I have early code that accesses all the Midnite DIY series.  The OEM for the Renogy stuff is SRNE as with the Midnite DIY series.

The reason I paused developing COMBOX code for the SRNE line is because anyone with a Renogy aka SRNE AIO Inverter or 60A charger could buy the COMBOX and call for support not only on the COMBOX but every SRNE device hooked to it.  I didn't feel like supporting all the SRNE variants as I would not have any way to tell if a customer had bought a Midnite Branded unit or got the SRNE off Alibaba or had the Renogy unit.  They all program and run the same way.  And, yes, I have already had non-Midnite DIY Inverter customers call and trick me for support on the Renogy units...

Barry Fields

Quote from: Wizbandit on May 26, 2024, 08:24:22 AMAnd, yes, I have already had non-Midnite DIY Inverter customers call and trick me for support on the Renogy units...
I would never try to trick you. ya could ask for s/n.
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.