local app reports controller BUSY

Started by RickyEM, September 13, 2012, 10:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyEM

I have a new 250KS and have installed the local application to access it over the network. The local app works great for a few hours and then the controller reports busy and stays busy, forever until I restart the controller (disconnect and reconnect to batteries). Then the app will work fine for a few hours until it starts reporting controller busy and process starts all over again. I can stop and restart the app, that doesnt change controller busy status. I can reboot the router, doesn't change anything. I have a linksys router and a fixed ip using port 502. I have tried other ports, doesn't help. Once the controller goes into this "busy" status the only thing that helps is rebooting the controller but that only helps for a few hours.

The controller has the latest firmware and the version of the app is 0.2.7

I could send the external ip address of the controller (my isp provides me a fixed ip) by private email if that would help troubleshoot.

atop8918

This seems to be a common problem now with many Classics. We are working on the issue internally and should hopefully be able to get a fix out.

In the meantime, can I ask you for the make and model of the network components that the CLassic is attached to? Modem/switches, etc. and let me know if there is anything else attached to the network (like other PCs, network printer, etc). This might make it easier to debug the problem.

Also: is your Classic setup for Static or DHCP?

Thanks!
-Andrew

atop8918

RickyEM

My controller is static ip

I will get you the information you request about my network.

I am not clear on your followup reply about the other thread. Are you suggesting I reinstall the firmware? Just to be clear my controller is brand new, I just received it from you last week, and the firmware is current.

WizBandit

If you set "Night Auto Reset" to enable it will reboot and the Local App can then reconnect after midnight. I just tested it as a temp work around as I'm in Orlando this week and I'm not comfortable have my wife work the Classic's breakers over the phone. I did teach her to wait 30 seconds when power-cycling any electronics early in our marriage though. I had one stuck BUSY last night and it cleared during the reset so I'm back in this morning and didn't lose the daily KWh as the reset does.

boB

Right !

It's the first selection in the third (I think) TWEAKS menus that
shows  "A-RST A-EQ-R DvrtCnt"         It is  A-RST

Worth a try anyway.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

RickyEM

I have looked at the tweaks menu. Just so I understand, I should set "a-rest" to "on". Is that correct?

Is there any way of forcing a reboot manually (not just at midnight), other than disconnecting and reconnecting to batteries???

boB

Quote from: RickyEM on September 16, 2012, 03:56:22 PM
I have looked at the tweaks menu. Just so I understand, I should set "a-rest" to "on". Is that correct?

Is there any way of forcing a reboot manually (not just at midnight), other than disconnecting and reconnecting to batteries???

Yes you are correct on the first one.  Turn A-RST to ON to enable reset at midnight time.

No, there is not another way to force that reset except to make the Classic think that it is the
next day....  One way to do that  is to go to the LOGS menu, then DAILY,  and then hold down the left arrow
button while tapping the ENTER key.   If A-RST is set to ON, the Classic should reset.

The screen should say "New Day" and then the Classic should re-boot.  The MNGP will not reboot though.

Doing this will bump up the daily logs day and auto-EQ (if set).   This is actually kind of handy for
sanity checks for scheduled functions such as Auto-EQ an Auto-EQ Retry Days.

If you do not want the Classic to always re-boot every day, when turning A-RST to ON, just do not
press the ENTER button in the Tweaks menu and it will not force the Classic to remember that
option when the Classic resets in the LOGS/DAILY menu when you force a new day.

In addition and just FYI.......
Remember that anytime you go to a menu such as voltage settings and save non-volatile memory
in the Classic, that all other changed values you changed (like A-RST) will be stored in the Classics'
non-volatile memory and it will remember next time it does reboot.

Since you may just want to re-boot the Classic once, you are going to go to the LOGS/DAILY
menu to reboot right after turning on A-RsT at that time and so the Classic will not remember the A-RST setting unless
you pressed ENTER after setting the A-RST to  ON.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

RickyEM

That works, thanks. And no the loacl application is working. In a few hours the controller will go busy, however...

boB

Quote from: RickyEM on September 16, 2012, 04:41:09 PM
That works, thanks. And no the loacl application is working. In a few hours the controller will go busy, however...

You are set to STATIC IP address, right ?  It isn't going back to DHCP or something is it ??

I find that my home router sometimes wants to keep changing my IP address when DHCP is
enabled and the local app will disconnect and reconnect but I don't have to reset anything...

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

RickyEM

Static ip, right. I'm sure the ip address isn't changing; and I'm sure the router is not going back to DHCP.

reddog

Quote from: boB on September 16, 2012, 02:10:49 PM

Right !

It's the first selection in the third (I think) TWEAKS menus that
shows  "A-RST A-EQ-R DvrtCnt"         It is  A-RST

Worth a try anyway.

boB

I also have reported this issue with local app, in my case even the A-RST doesn't work to solve it, I MUST turn off breaker between batter and classic 150 to restore local app...I have fixed IP using a custom port setting (have tried many ports in a effort to cure-with no luck) I use netgear hubs and Apple Airport routers. waiting patiently for firmware fix!
Midnight Solar Classic 150
Xantrex C-35  (diversion)
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
2 Evergreen 12v 195 watt (Series)
2 Astronergy 24v 290w (Parallel)
Wind Blue 500w 3-phase a/c Turbine
Air-X 400w Turbine
8 Deka 6v 230AH batteries (920AH Bank)
Bogart Trimetric
AIRPAX sine wave 1800w Inverter

reddog

Correction to my last statement...the A-RST solution does work..however I get the issue of local app saying "busy" just hours later, by morning I can't log in again. Note: occasionally the local app will work for an entire day but its rare. that it does.
Midnight Solar Classic 150
Xantrex C-35  (diversion)
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
2 Evergreen 12v 195 watt (Series)
2 Astronergy 24v 290w (Parallel)
Wind Blue 500w 3-phase a/c Turbine
Air-X 400w Turbine
8 Deka 6v 230AH batteries (920AH Bank)
Bogart Trimetric
AIRPAX sine wave 1800w Inverter

boB

Right.   Hopefully we have a solution to this IP issue by next week.

Will keep you all posted.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: reddog on October 12, 2012, 01:05:38 PM
Correction to my last statement...the A-RST solution does work..however I get the issue of local app saying "busy" just hours later, by morning I can't log in again. Note: occasionally the local app will work for an entire day but its rare. that it does.

Same problem   :'(    But its gone away  ;) ;D
I have two 150s.  The older one on wind turbine has always worked,  never seen the BUSY demon. Connected with 0.5metre cat5 cable to Cisco WET45G ethernet bridge.
Recently replaced mx60 with Classic 150 and same problem you have, after few hours goes BUSY. Connected to home network via 12 metre cat 5 cable.  4 weeks of daily BUSY. This 150 gets heavy use with many days over 2200watts input to 24v battery bank and 8kWH daily.

After RTM for WET45G I rewired enet so both 150s connected via 0.5metre cables into a 5port 100baseTX hub and also connected the WET45G to hub.
After the usual A-RST that night both 150s were showing on local app.  That was 6 days ago and they still there  ;D
I'm wary of power resetting either 150 or shutting down my laptop and if I couId I would have held my breath...
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand