Error #2002

Started by plongson, December 13, 2012, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plongson

More questions...I sure wish I knew more about networking...but,

When I click on the local app and it says "connecting" then I get "Device not available" doesn't that seem to indicate the local app has been hit with a request to open the Classic?

I've been reading about ports and port forwarding and some ISP block common ports (anything below 1024 or something like that) Could my ISP for my ranch be blocking the request from the Local APP not allowing the app to open?? Or when I get the "Device not Available" does it seem like it is a "Classic not wanting to answer the command" sort'a issue??

I'm not there again for a while to change port protocol and it's really on my mind...

Thanks...Maybe i should take a networking class at the community college...LOL
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

offgridQLD

I have been troubled on and off with the "Device not available" issue. I'm using a DNS service due to my ISP assign a dynamic IP address. I'm forwarding  port 502 through my router. On a hole It works most of the time but.....

I do now and then get "Device not available" usually I  just ignoring it and come back in 5 min and try again and it would connect and  be fine. When why and how this happens is a little erratic so I haven't been able to sort out why it happens.

My thinking is if it worked once don't change anything as it should work again  ???

That said this morning I have the "Device not available" showing. All I did to make it happen was unplug my router so I could tidy up the cables then plug it in again the same as it was before.Now i cant connect to the classic I just get the same "Device not available" . :( I have tried several times over the last few hrs and nothing works.

I hate intermittent problems as its hard to know why its happening.

QuoteNow this week, I'm gone again and go to bring up the remote app and...nothing again. It said the same thing "connecting" "Device not available"...so I'm thinking it's got to be the DYN connection...THEN, out of the blue, yesterday, I click on it and out of the blue IT WORKS! And it works all day with no problems.

I get the same issue as above but again I try not to change settings as it usually starts to work again on its own.  Some times after trying most of the day it can get frustrating. Its usually then when I give up and then by chance its starts to work.

kurt

Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

plongson

Thanks Kurt
My son will be at the ranch this weekend and I'm going to have him reboot the router and we can give that a try... let's hope.
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

Quote from: plongson on December 27, 2012, 08:26:45 PM
More questions...I sure wish I knew more about networking...but,

Yes, me too !   Just when I'm feeling pretty knowledgeable about networking, even internal workings,
something new comes along and I feel so dumb.

I guess that's why the network gurus (if you can find them) make the big bucks !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

plongson

Well, my son is at the ranch and he reset the modem and the router, went from STATIC to DCHP and back, even disabled WEB ACCESS...testing with me on the phone between every step and no luck. The Remote Status panel will not connect from this end. I still am using port 502 cause that is a bit more than I want to ask him to do right now.

Everything still ended up with "DEVICE NOT AVAILABLE" ...

At this point, the remote just doesn't work...
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

Halfcrazy

Have you tried having him reset the Classic?  I can send you the URL to one of my classics to try to make sure you are seeing the outside world? Let me know via PM and I can do that

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

plongson

Thanks Ryan, we'll do that next (reset). I'll send yor a PM right now.
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

plongson

He reset the classic and...NFG...It is set to reset every-night in the TWEEKS though anyway. Did you get the PM?

Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

Halfcrazy

Just checking but you did set up the port forwarding in the router correct? It will be interesting to see if you can see my Classic.

Ryan

plongson

WTF?? Device unavailable accessing yours...
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

Halfcrazy

Well I am not sure what to say? If you send me the credentials for yours via PM I will see if I can see it from here? I have seen cases where public internet locals block certain ports and can cause issues like this.

Ryan

Halfcrazy

I think I just tried yours and it tried but failed. Is someone looking at it at home? The Classic supports only 1 connection at a time.

Ryan

plongson

Nope, no one is on and the status panel is off.
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

plongson

What is really nuts is I cannot access YOUR Classic from MY MSSP... It's like my installation of MSSP is FUBAR. I have already deleted and re installed the app, even downloaded it again and reloaded it to no avail...

Not being able to access yours pretty much proves it isn't a port 502 issue on my end... I would think.   :-\

By the way Ryan, I really appreciate you taking the time to work on this problem with me.

Paul
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

plongson

Ryan, the MSSP hooked up to your classic this morning, so I guess the app is OK. Still no connectivity to my Classic. Just an update.

If you were to pick a new port to forward to what would you suggest?
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W