Error #2002

Started by plongson, December 13, 2012, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

My guess is it is not the port as 502 should be flawless. You mentioned you played with Static and DHCP on the classic? Did you go into the actual router and change the ip address for the classic for the port forwarding? I know I did that one trip I had forgot to make sure the IP address in port forwarding matched the Classic. I can still not see yours so my guess is it is a port forwarding issue in the router if a power cycle of the classic did not make it work for a little while.

What do you have for a router at home?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

plongson

Ryan, I haven't been into the router (at the classic site) since initial setup and all was well on both ends. When I made that comment about static/DHCP, no numbers were changed, just switching between STATIC/DHCP in the classic and testing the response at each change.

As far as the router at the Classic location, again nothing has changed because I cannot access but it was communicating. Yesterday, the CAT-5 was plugged and replugged on the router end but not on the classic end, I didn't want my son in there, I'll try that next weekend.

The router on this end (non classic end) is a Cisco/Linksys. What are you thinking here? Maybe this end is blocking the 502? Crap, I dunno at this point.

What happened to Midnite supporting a web-based monitoring site? Is that still in the works? I paying $20 a year to DYNDNS for that service, I gladly pay that to Midnite just to not have these headaches.

Magnum has a web setup for their stuff, but it's $$$$$
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

Halfcrazy

Na it is definitely either on the classic end or DynDNS. Can someone on site go to www.whatismyip.com and tell us what the public ip address is at this time. We can then try that in the app instead of the dyndns account name. This will tell us witch one it is?

Ryan

plongson

We're dead now because my son just left the ranch and no one is at the house until probably Friday.

So what are you saying...If I get that location IP address at that moment, I can put that address into the Classic (and the router?), and we should see the Classic?
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

Halfcrazy

No put that address into the app. Basically this will replace DynDNS and tell you which one of the 2 are this issue.

Ryan

plongson

Well, until next weekend, I'll give this one a rest... LOL

Thanks, Ryan
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

I am having some trouble setting up a Classic here at the house on this old Westell DSL modem that used to work
for port forwarding but doesn't seem to now...

I can ping it from the outside but can't see the classic.  Maybe it's because it is set up as PPP and not router ?

There is not manual for it so it is hard to tell how to exactly use it although I have gotten it to work before.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: offgridQLD on December 27, 2012, 09:06:48 PM

That said this morning I have the "Device not available" showing. All I did to make it happen was unplug my router so I could tidy up the cables then plug it in again the same as it was before.Now i cant connect to the classic I just get the same "Device not available" . :( I have tried several times over the last few hrs and nothing works.

I hate intermittent problems as its hard to know why its happening.

Strange behaviour indeed.
I can think of two possible issues worth investigating

1. IP numbers, when you repowered the router it rediscovers what devices are on your local network and where necessary uses dhcp to allocate IP numbers from its ip number pool to devices not already with an ip number. These devices can include laptops,desktops,tv,DVD player,iPads,cellphones,iPods,etc.. And of course Classics.
If one of these is given the IP number you are trying to use on the Classic then it's a problem, the local app can find the ip number you have specified in the local app setup BUT the device responding in not a Classic, hence the device not available message from the local app.
Possible solution is to set the Classic to an IP number well outside the dhcp pool (which often starts at 100 and can be up to 150). So try selecting a number below this. Eg 70.  So classic is at 192.168.1.70 mask 255.255.255.0 -assuming your LAN is using the 192.168.1.0 class C network.

2. The Ethernet cable from Classic to router may not be providing the cleanest signal or my be at borderline signal levels. After a while (seconds to days) the router or Classic may after multiple retries manage to communicate but in meantime the local app can't find the Classic hence device not available message.
Possible solutions:  replace Ethernet cable, use different port on the router's Ethernet hub, use shorter Ethernet cable and if there is still a problem then use a real short Ethernet cable from the Classic to a small powered Ethernet hub situated near the Classic and run the longer Ethernet cable from another port in the hub to you router. This appears to clean up and strengthen the Ethernet signalling.

Hope this helps

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

dgd

Quote from: Halfcrazy on December 27, 2012, 12:28:36 PM
I am told the Error #2002 is a bogus Adobe Air thing. Andrew says it has nothing to do with Working or Not Working.

Ok I'm biased here but it's such a pity to have the local app locked into this adobe crap. When air was dropped from Linux it removed any desire I had to support them. They even force you to take the air crap when you d/l any of their other products (you can't opt out )
It sort of brings into question if the fancy car-dash graphics of the local app are worth having if the price is to allow another software corporate to lock you into their products. That's the real reason they dumped Linux support, they can't so easily lock a Linux machine into their products.
Since all the Classic data is easily available via modbus then a nice open source C++ based local app using the modbus lib and one of the freely available graphics libs is IMHO the way to go..
Ok, rant over,  back to the single malt....  :P

Happy new software bug free, Ethernet working perfectly and lots free KWhrs  new year

Dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

plongson

Quoteback to the single malt....

I'm a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey man myself, and depending on the outcome of my labors on the Classic this weekend, I'll have an excuse to toast success or sorrow. LOL
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

I believe there is some ongoing work being done to free us from the AIR environment.

(HTML 5 maybe ? )

We looked at a LOT of different multi-platform environments and Adobe AIR was the best
and offered the most possibilities.

Java and everything else are not very good turns out.  They lack a lot of network and programming
niceities.  Did you know that Java does not even have signed arithmetic ?  Or maybe it was
unsigned arithmetic ?  One of them anyway.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: dgd on January 02, 2013, 03:04:07 PM

Ok I'm biased here but it's such a pity to have the local app locked into this adobe crap. When air was dropped from Linux it removed any desire I had to support them. They even force you to take the air crap when you d/l any of their other products (you can't opt out )
It sort of brings into question if the fancy car-dash graphics of the local app are worth having if the price is to allow another software corporate to lock you into their products. That's the real reason they dumped Linux support, they can't so easily lock a Linux machine into their products.
Since all the Classic data is easily available via modbus then a nice open source C++ based local app using the modbus lib and one of the freely available graphics libs is IMHO the way to go..
Ok, rant over,  back to the single malt....  :P

Happy new software bug free, Ethernet working perfectly and lots free KWhrs  new year

Dgd

Dgd;

Exactly my thoughts. I am very unhappy when I have to use proprietary software. More so when it means I have to use other proprietary software (spelled M$) to use that proprietary software.

I also understand the need to support the broad swath of users.

I cannot see it being that hard to code up a similar app without the Adobe crap?

Tons of graphic apps / libraries for open source systems.

Maybe an SDK for the Classic App bits would stimulate some folks to code up some superior apps without the BS of proprietary hoops to get things working.

BTW, my Local App (Ubuntu) has started to bail out again after several weeks of running fine. With everything buried in locked software it is very hard to sort out "why".

/end rant.

Anyway, we are likely on the same page here.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dgd

Quote from: plongson on January 02, 2013, 04:36:53 PM
Quoteback to the single malt....

I'm a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey man myself, and depending on the outcome of my labors on the Classic this weekend, I'll have an excuse to toast success or sorrow. LOL

you need an excuse? :o  I gave those up years ago since I discovered a little amber nectar lubricates groking software gremlins. I wonder how much easier it would be to configure and network a Classic if the instruction manual started with..
1. Pour out a double single malt Scotch Whisky (or equivalent substitute (not that there really is such a thing!   ::) ))
2. Add a tad of cold water
3. Imbibe and enjoy the warmth
4 Repeat steps 1 to 3 if not warm enough
5. Proceed to install Classic.. etc..

BTW, Paul, I hope your weekend sojourn finds and squishes that network gremlin

dgd

plongson

HaHa...! An excuse? Nah, been enjoying this juice far too long for that...LOL

I'm not to the point yet where all I have is Ketchup and hot sauce in the 'frig but we did take a vacation and tour the distilleries of Kentucky.

Damn, did this get off topic or what?
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

TomW

Quote from: dgd on January 02, 2013, 05:50:25 PM

I wonder how much easier it would be to configure and network a Classic if the instruction manual started with..
1. Pour out a double single malt Scotch Whisky (or equivalent substitute (not that there really is such a thing!   ::) ))
2. Add a tad of cold water
3. Imbibe and enjoy the warmth
4 Repeat steps 1 to 3 if not warm enough
5. Proceed to install Classic.. etc..

dgd

dgd;

If they did that in "official" documentations their lawyers would have a stroke.

Just sayin...

Not a drinking man anymore but never got the taste for Scotch, preferred Jack Daniels or some of the liquid corn my uncles distilled in the barn basement. It was good for degreaseing parts, too.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies