Error #2002

Started by plongson, December 13, 2012, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plongson

My Status panel stopped working..KaPutt. I ditched the IP address and renewed it,among other things and I'm getting a ERROR #2002 when i try to logon. it attempts to logon "CONNECTING" then says "DEVICE NOT AVAILABLE".

Where do I start??
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

Quote from: plongson on December 13, 2012, 04:45:54 PM
My Status panel stopped working..KaPutt. I ditched the IP address and renewed it,among other things and I'm getting a ERROR #2002 when i try to logon. it attempts to logon "CONNECTING" then says "DEVICE NOT AVAILABLE".

Where do I start??

Did you reset the Classic ?  What is the software rev in the Classic ?

Is this the Ethernet/internet drop off problem we used to see ??

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

plongson

Hey boB

No, didn't reset the Classic. I'm 200 miles away right now and it went from working this morning to nada.

Software is 10?? the one just before this last update today.

I'm not there to check the internet connection so I can't validate that one way or the other.

Just wondered if the #2002 error meant anything?

Sucks getting use to monitoring the status and then it goes away...LOL

Any help you have is always greatly appreciated...

Paul
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

TomW

For what its worth. It sure sounds like the ole ethernet communication error. Never saw that # error myself though.

Another thought. When you say "I ditched the IP address and renewed it,..." if you changed the Classics' local IP address and use port forwarding on your router it will not get to the Classic from outside to the new IP address on the local network.

Just saying..

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

plongson

No, didn't change anything on the Classic I'm far and away from there tonight. What I did was remove and re install the Local Status app and the address under "config".

All it does is..."connecting" then immediately after..."device not available".

When I get back what do you think? Power off the Classic and reboot? Networking is really not my forte.

I have so many other thing going right now, this is really down the list, like they say, but I sure would like to get ti working again!
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

Quote from: plongson on December 13, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
Hey boB

Just wondered if the #2002 error meant anything?

Paul

At least the #2002 error is not a biggie.  Wouldn't worry about that one at all.
It is some kind of Adobe AIR error  (AIRerr ?) that comes up some times and
is very difficult to debug as it appears to be buried deep within Adobes' code
somewhere.  I have never seen it to meany anything more important than
maybe restarting the local app and usually comes up when assigning
a new IP address or installing a new local app software version I think.

It's the other errors that are more important at this time.
Thank you for the information.  I don't suppose you have
the auto-restart enabled in that Classic ??

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

plongson

Wow, Auto-restart...I didn't even know that was an option. How do you get to it and I sure will activate it. What do you think? Is that something that should be enabled? I like the sounds of it.
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

Quote from: plongson on December 13, 2012, 10:17:56 PM
Wow, Auto-restart...I didn't even know that was an option. How do you get to it and I sure will activate it. What do you think? Is that something that should be enabled? I like the sounds of it.

Auto Restart is in the TWEAKS menus...  It is labelled A-RST.  Next time you are at the Classic just turn it to ON and
press ENTER to make sure the Classic remembers that is is supposed to be ON when it does restart/reset.
This tweak makes the Classic reset every night at midnight just after it saves the daily logging numbers and
changes back to BULK etc.

This is not quite as good as just insuring the Ethernet won't crash at all, but if the Classic is inaccessible,
it's probably the next best thing to it especially if it is 200 miles away.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

plongson

Thanks boB. I will make that change! Dang, there are so many facets to the Classic it's amazing. I learn something at every turn...

Paul
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

plongson

Hey boB,
I got a chance this last week to make the changes you recommended to the Classic setup (reboot every night) and while I was home for that few days, the remote status app worked great. I was also RIGHT THERE and it was not running off the DYNdns internet connection, but was running through the router wireless.

Now this week, I'm gone again and go to bring up the remote app and...nothing again. It said the same thing "connecting" "Device not available"...so I'm thinking it's got to be the DYN connection...THEN, out of the blue, yesterday, I click on it and out of the blue IT WORKS! And it works all day with no problems.

Then this morning, guess what... :-\  "device not available". I've played around with the DYN server setup and it seems to be working.

Any ideas on what to check when I get back again on the classic, router, etc. to get things up again?

It's so damn funny that one day it will work and then be down the next...???

I hate to be PITA but I'm not sure where to look now.

Paul
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

toothy

Hello Paul

I have a similar issue but it happens from here at the house.

I have 2 Classics and have them hooked to my router with a switch in the battery room. Anyway, I hooked them up came in the house and both showed up and all was well for 6 or 8 hrs then one gave the "device not available" business. It does that for a while and then shows up for a while with no apparent pattern or reason.

The weird thing is now a few week out it is either getting happier or I just don't look as often. It is always the same one that says unavailable and it's on the solar array the one on the turbine is more fun to watch and I can get battery info without the hike out there so it's not a big deal for me. I know this probably doesn't help you but I thought the similar intermittent nature interesting.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

plongson

Thanks Wade, It seems we have similar problems going here. It might seem it's not the DYNdns. Mine is still down this morning and hasn't been up since Christmas day.

Thanks for the info...
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

TomW

When I had the #2002 error, I had the local app watching from another computer and it went away when I closed the local app on the 2nd computer.

Just FYI

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

I am told the Error #2002 is a bogus Adobe Air thing. Andrew says it has nothing to do with Working or Not Working. We have found that the Port number can cause all sorts of oddness on the stability of the Classic. We have found the Port if not 502 should be way higher say 1300 or higher.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

plongson

Thanks guys, that's a good place to start. First chance I get I will bump up that port number. I sure would like to get it going again, you become dependent on that remote app after a while.
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W