Classic Lite 34**'s and follow me?

Started by Photowhit, December 19, 2012, 11:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photowhit

I have a couple Classic lite 34**'s vintage charge controllers and don't understand the statement;

"If you are using Classic Lites with serial # 5435 or older with Classics for "Follow Me" you will need to leave the MNLP (LED display). "

Can I set them up using the network interface for follow me? Do I have to have a regular classic for follow me?

I'm just setting these up now, if i need to do something different, I'd like to know before hardwiring things in, if just temperary, I realized I'll need a gutter to wire all 3.

Thanks,
-Whit
Home system 20 - 200watt Evergreen, E-Panel, 2-Classic Lite 150s up and running and 14 Suntech 185watt panels, and another Classic Lite in a dark room. Cabin system 8-115watt 12V, 6 - 170-5watt 24v, Pulse/Trace PC250 Power Center, 800AH 24V forklift Batt, ProSine 1800 watt (24v) inverter.

boB

The MNLPs (the Classic Lite LED/Switch panel) that we have shipped so far will have to be unplugged
from its Classic for Follow Me to work since a bug in the MNLP will stop the communications from
working properly.  It might actually work but would be VERY slow at best.

If you have one regular Classic with an MNGP, that will work to enable Follow Me in the Lites
by setting each Classic for a different address individually from a single MNGP plugged into
each Classic one at a time.  After each Classic has its own address, the one Classic with
the MNGP can talk to them over the network and Follow-Me set up that way.

OR, just wait until the Local App has the capability to setup  this feature.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

We can upgrade the MNLP's as well. Email me if you want: ryan@midnitesolar.com
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Photowhit

I just have the 2 'Lites' at this point. I need to get up and running this year for tax credit, which is no problem. I'll just use the presets.

So right now I can't setup different addresses via the computer program? but likely that is coming. I'm just running a few odds and ends, fan and 600-900 watt heater(when sun's shining) this winter, I won't go off grid until Spring (still need a wood stove!)

I'll add a third Classic or 'Lite' near the end of Spring and things will get confusing for the Chargers/System as I have too much array for the battery(6.5KW vs 800Ah 24V), but will be running A/C's over the summer. I hope to have the 'Follow me' up by then.

I have my 4'x5' 'power center' box being built on my dining room table now. I will have to do a gutter of some sort to do 3 CC's so may just hang wires or run some 6 gauge for the 2 CCs now, can't picture it in my head, but I'll have 2 array+, 2 battery+, 1 ground(shared), 1 Battery-(shared), and a BTS going through a 1" nipple, serving the 2 CCs.

No inspection, but a gutter will make things possible in the spring (and clean things up)
Home system 20 - 200watt Evergreen, E-Panel, 2-Classic Lite 150s up and running and 14 Suntech 185watt panels, and another Classic Lite in a dark room. Cabin system 8-115watt 12V, 6 - 170-5watt 24v, Pulse/Trace PC250 Power Center, 800AH 24V forklift Batt, ProSine 1800 watt (24v) inverter.