Bug reporting.....

Started by Halfcrazy, May 03, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Ok, you asked, you got.

Good suggestions from Dgd.
- All screen real-estate is now being used
- you can turn off the legends using the chart option slider

The data should default to today -- there are still a couple of bugs in the time handling and in the chart controls so that it doesn't always do this but it's all in the works.

CSV export is on the way, then you can do whatever you like with the data. Compressing axes is a good idea, but I don't think it will be forthcoming. It would require me to rewrite a 3rd party library which might take another 2 years given my track record...

dgd

Andrew,
THANKS for these changes, the wider graph display area is excellent and has wakened up the impact of the graph.
One advantage of this is that the stretched data points are now much easier to locate the cursor br over.
Another is that additional scales added no longer squeeze the graph window to tiny width, there is plenty of room for these at both ends of the graph window.

Now that I can see the battery voltage line on a wider display and not hidden by legends its scale from zero seems ok.

more suggestions..
The date sliding window, ok I can see the problem if multiple Classics are displayed and the need for one on each Classic.
An idea is to have it as a selectable option to either display as it is now or shrink to just the dates. If just dates then the main
graph box enlarges downwards to fill the gap - bigger graph box  :)

Where the main TAB selectiions for OVERVIEW and MANAGEMENT are add another DATA where the qnode/14 data list for Classics is displayed. AT the risk of sounding like a broken record on this 'feature' I really feel this would be a major enhancement for MyMidnite in completely presenting the data.

Would still like 4 or 5 minute resolution  :P

dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Yes I can agree some place in MM we need the numerical data only. I like the idea of a Numerical tab or something?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Quote from: Halfcrazy on June 12, 2013, 06:19:26 PM
Yes I can agree some place in MM we need the numerical data only. I like the idea of a Numerical tab or something?

I notice that the node14 screen has also widened out to use full screen size. Enough room now, if this was available in MyMidnite to include battery TEMP, Fet TEMP, AUX1, AUX2 status etc..   :)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

atop8918

Can we get a vote for temperatures? We have a little space in the database. FET, board, or Battery?

dgd

FET  battery temp for me  :)

dgd

Westbranch

I vote for battery, the Fets are going to get hot if there is battery resistance or the CL is backing off on the charge level as I read it
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Halfcrazy

yeah I have to vote for Bat Temp if we only get one

Of course you know me "Why not let us pick what temp we want to log"?

Ryan

atop8918

How about battery and FET?

TomW

Personally, I have no preference but battery is probably the more useful for the average user because it affects the charge profile.

Or not.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

ClassicCrazy

On Mymidnite graph the float time is a very large number and it says H  - is the number supposed to be seconds ?
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Halfcrazy

yes as of now the Float Time is in seconds. Andrew is going to change it to HH:MM

Ryan

boB

Probably because internally, Float time is counted in seconds.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Is there a daily mymidnite server downtime for some reason (backup, maintenance etc)?  I have noticed one, or sometimes more, gaps in the 15min data points in  the graphs. Are there also longer outages?
Right now and for last half hour 'Problem loading page' errors yet the ip connection to the forum is good.
Is there a forum area for MN to tell us about such planned or unscheduled outages?

dgd

Pave

Finally I was able to install the newest Firmware this weekend and can now participate in the tests. I'm really impressed by the functionality so far!

That Float Time must be in seconds I already figured out ;) but during the last night (after the value was set back from 5908 to 0) it is slowly increasing (to 9 seconds at 04:00 AM) and I don't think the moonlight is strong enogh to keep our system in float. ;D Is this correct?

@dgd: Actually i'm also unable to connect to the server. A forum area for planned maintenance would be a good idea.
6x Siemens M75S + 4x Evergreen ES-A-205-fa3 = 1270 Wp, MidNite Classic 150
6x 6 OPzS 600 2V Cells with 750AH @ C20, Studer Sinus SI 1212-TP 1200W Inverter
Studer SBM-02 Battery Monitor, Off Grid in Germany