FIRMWARE UPDATE PROBLEMS!

Started by Halfcrazy, August 26, 2015, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binkino

Hi Resthome,

yes time was correct set

I first want to test older firmware - this 2-day-amnesia is since the update
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=38617
Classic Lite 200 + Classic 200 + Easun ISolar-SMX-II-5.6KW + 12x240Wp + 12x255Wp + 2x10kWh LFP
http://a68k.de/Solar/Monitor_LC2.php

Resthome

Quote from: binkino on February 27, 2016, 05:45:36 AM
Hi Resthome,

yes time was correct set

I first want to test older firmware - this 2-day-amnesia is since the update

I'd be more concerned with finding the Classic in a state with all fans running and the LEDs all flashing than I would about losing two days of data.  And I don't think changing firmware is going to resolve that issue. At least I don't believe anyone else has reported seeing this. Have you seen that issue more than once? Even once it seem too many times to me. I'd find it hard to believe the Classic was still providing a charging function in that state.

On the data issue I can not see why you would lose the previous day's data unless it wasn't being written to the EPROM at 23:59 or the Classic rebooted prior to that time.  Have you verified the previous day's data is missing from the LA as well as with Graham's app?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

binkino

I don't know,
this issue I have seen the first time now.

I was just in the basement and fixed the fan rattling problem. Fan was running full speed again, but all LEDs were off this time.
Can contact with the Midnite App and also Graham's App to the Classic via Network. Is working.

Will have to observe this now daily

Just an idea, possible only a overheating issue? Fans running, LEDs blinking ...
Searching in the manual, only find "overheating" in the FAQ page 75,  blinking orange LED and reffered to the version with MNGP

We have perfect weather - cold and much sun now.
Don't know where to put this much energy to :D

It is a Classic lite 200
The PV has a VOC of 148 Volts
Temperature outside is 8°C (46°F)
_ System ist now at:
139 - 140 Volt
3.8 - 4.0 Amps
and 500-570 Watts,
_ Batteries "full" (97%) and have 54,8 Volts and consuming 10 Amps (1,3Amps  for battery and rest for home energy)

PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=38617
Classic Lite 200 + Classic 200 + Easun ISolar-SMX-II-5.6KW + 12x240Wp + 12x255Wp + 2x10kWh LFP
http://a68k.de/Solar/Monitor_LC2.php

offgridQLD

I updated my two classic 150's about 2 weeks ago to the latest firmware. After a breaf stumble with the windows 10 loader that I overcome by using a old XP laptop everything has been fine on the latest firmware.

Well so I thought :)

I just opened up the local app and one of my classics is now reporting under the DATA tab....

Lifetime Values
Kilowatt Hours: 429,172,928.5
Amp Hours:  5,262

Now I know the classics can squeeze every last Kwh from your PV but four hundred and twenty nine million KWH!  That's impressive :) and all that from only 5,262Ah. last time I checked I didn't have a 81,000 volt battery bank so I think something is messed up.

My other 2nd classic that was also updated is reporting correct life time values.

Kurt

Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

Westbranch

Kurt that number has come up before.....  maybe try a search for it, I think boB replied...  hth..  off to town for grits...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

offgridQLD

I tried searching for the number but couldn't find anything.

It sure is a lot of KWH's something is adrift....

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

russ_drinkwater

My standard non upgraded software unit is running perfectly! ;)
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

offgridQLD

Thanks Westbranch,

Yes I found some posts on odd numbers turning up. though not the same numbers. Though I think it could be along the same lines.

Russ, the software update is worth it for the online logging (my midnite) I'm pedantic about every little detail. It's nice being able to log in and see how low the batterys got over night and scan back over the days with it all plotted out as a nice simple graph.

One thing with midnite products is they are always improving things. I don't get my jocks in a knot over small hiccups. As 99% of the time they are small things that don't really effect the foundations of what the controllers is there to do (charge your batterys) The response time to sorting out (real issues) like a dead controller or one that isnt doing the basic functions correctly ...changing your  bank . Is always very fast.

They really do back there product up 110% .

On that note Perhaps I should post this issue some place on the forum that will get more love (views)

Kurt

russ_drinkwater

Hey Kurt,
I fully understand that, lol.
But I have no Iphone and no mobile service here  :o
Lol.
Some parts of Australia are not yet in the 21st century and our phone carriers care less! ::)
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

offgridQLD

Yes Russ, I don't have mobile phone reception at my place at all. You have to drive up the road a few km to get patchy reception.

As long as you have internet (I take it you do as your on the forum :)) Doesn't matter if it's ADSL, cable, Satellite, dial up what ever. That's all you need. Then you just need a Cat5 cable from your classic a hub.

The main reason I like it is for the past 5 years I have been living between two homes. It's nice to be able to keep tabs on the offgrid system when your not on there for a week.

For yourself it's just handy to have a record of your system to look back on. As your there all the time and your classic is near the house.

Anyhow I have  updated my classics probably 10 times over the years and there is all ways little teething issues each time with new firmware but over all it just keeps getting better. No way I would wont to go back to the very early firmware that came stock on my classics years ago. As you would loose so many features and fixes. There has been a hell of a lot of features that people take for granted when they buy a new classic now that is shipped with later firmware over the years all the features have been added with firmware updates.

Kurt

russ_drinkwater

My lappy is running windows7. Only because I could not get XP on the new machine.
Best to bring yours if it has a suitable downloaded update. I am not sure if what I downloaded from the website is complete.
Have to go to Bundaberg this week to get the A/C unit and also arrange for 4 more L16 trojans.
Internet is satilite and only 10gb, do have dial up but we will not talk about that, LMAO!
MN reg is on the way to the dunny so easy to monitor from the throne with a pair of binoculars ;D

russ_drinkwater

Got my WBJ hooked up and all working fine.
SOC flicks up every 5 seconds or so.
Since I added the other 435 amp hours of batteries and WBJ the reg stays in absorb and bulk a lot longer.
The standalone load when switched on (8am) will draw the bank down from 95% after night-time to around 85% in late afternoon (intermittent cloud).
Around 3pm I turn off the standalone load and just leave 1 freezer connected through the inverter.
Most nights the soc reads 99%.
I really need the other panels up and the second reg online to finish the system off.

Resthome

Quote from: Resthome on January 22, 2016, 06:27:16 PM
Quote from: crunnells on January 22, 2016, 05:57:30 PM
Resthome: Windows 7 on all 3 laptops. I'm not sure what difference the OS would make, but maybe? Last time it worked was on a Windows 7 machine (well, a Macbook running Fusion with Windows 7 installed, but I digress). The way the problem occurs is that it detects COM8, starts uploading the update, but never gets past 0% and drops out with a "bad usb" error. It fails on both the Classic update and the MNGP update.

Well there are different instructions for different OS. But I've had mostly good luck with Win7 but better luck with Win8.1 and no luck with Win10. I'm at a lost since you say it starts the update and shows the 0% and then the bad cable message. Usually if you get that 0% the connection was made. All my failures have be Com8 busy or not available.

Maybe boB can decipher what is being checked when the "bad cable error" is displayed. 

Ryan had said the new Beta Updater for Win10 was suppose to work with all OS but I'm not sure that is the case. It would be nice if it was and you could give it a try. I think you have to contact Ryan to get a copy of it anyway so you might PM him and ask if it will work with Win7 (maybe - maybe not).

http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=2753.msg26052#msg26052

Okay finally at the boat long enough to try the 2097 Classic firmware using the production version and the WIN 10 loader. Connected the Classic USB and started Win 10 loader it said Classic found on COM4. Selected Classic 150 and uploader proceeded to 100% Classic was just showing GOT COM ? during upload. Clicked on OK after the 100% sat there for a few minutes and that dialog closed. Main app was telling me to select my model, again waited for a few minutes and app closed on its own. Unplugged USB and rebooted Classic using VMM the Classic Mode selection came up with RED com light lit (don't remember that from before but it's been 9 months since last update with Win7). Completed VMM and RED com LED turned of and Classic now said 2096 and network 2097. I did not attempt the MNGP because I was already at 2054. So do not know if there is a problem with the MNGP firmware updates that other people had. But the Classic firmware was successful using the Win 10 loader.

Will check the Classic out for network issues when the sun comes up tomorrow.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Vic

Guess that this kinna belongs here;

Downloaded Classic FW 2096 today,  Exported Registers,  using the LA,  and
Updated the MNGP first,  and the Classic 150 second.  All things appeared normal,  and the Classic & MNGP do work.  It is just that none of the FW in the Classic has changed from the prior version,  Cl 1849.

Cl version 1849 does NOT exist on the Win 7 computer that was used today,  and has always been used for Updates to Classics.

25 minutes of screwing about,  but at least,  luckily,  both the Classic and MNGP still do work,  and guess that this IS something.   Had hoped to actually advance FW versions ...   wonder just what I did incorrectly.   It HAS been about 2.5 years since the prior Update attempts,  and that attempt resulted in two Bricked Classics,  ...  was happy,  then,  to just get back to Cl 1849.   This particular Classic was not one of those previously Bricked.

Ideas?   Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!