Main Menu

Recent posts

New Product Ideas and Discussion / Re: load management
Last post by Barry Fields - Today at 12:34:51 PM
Attached is my implementation plan.
Thank Boys
have a good day
Fabio
Wow! thaw's great. Cheaper than two 150 Vdc breakers anyway and space saving. Too cool!
General Discussion / Re: This may help someone some...
Last post by Barry Fields - May 14, 2024, 02:34:19 PM
I am sure a quality shielded cable would prevent further occurrences.
Since the last G5 was 21 years ago and I am 74, I may not be here to confirm a successful resolution.  ☠️
you can also set manual limits.
I did this with some Outback FM80(14 300w Canadian solar =4200w limit to 75a on outback)48v nominal
Very possible in Classics
Last post by boB - May 14, 2024, 12:50:01 PM
Very strange !   I suppose the flare could have caused some havoc.

Try another cable ?   Ferrite clamp around the cable ?

Will be interesting to see if it continues or stops misbehaving.
The "Classic" charge controller / Re: PV array input power highe...
Last post by boB - May 14, 2024, 12:46:50 PM
Welcome to our forum !

Normally you can add more solar and what will happen is that the Classic will self limit its output current if it would exceed its output power (current) rating too much.

So, you should be OK it sounds like from the numbers you have mentioned.

boB
Hello every one,
I was searching in the classic charge controller section to see if some one was asking my question already but I do not found something so I try to ask here.
I have a solar system with a classic 200, actually the installed maximum power is 2300 Watt but due to the shadowing of some panels and losses normally I see a max peak power input to the classic of 1700 watt.
I would like to increase the strings adding a new string of 600 watt maximum power reaching a maximum power (theoretical power) of the over all panels to 2900 watt.
My question is considering that string calculator allow me to have a maximum power of 2200 watt what will happen if the real power input to the classic will be bigger of 2200 watt?
I will risk to damage the classic or the controller will limit the input power to avoid damage?
Thanks for your help and I hope that I was not asking something  already addressed in the forum
Fabio

system details:

Classic 200
battery voltage 24 Volt
solar panels 5 strings in parallel each with two panel in series. each string have a power of 460 Watt
actually my maxim battery charging current that i see is around 55 Amps
Last post by Barry Fields - May 13, 2024, 09:30:19 PM
Well.
Today at noon I plugged the blue ray HDMI back into the TV.
There have been no spurious input change thus far.
There have been no changes to the configuration since Saturday and Sunday when the issue was apparent.

I am left with no choice but to blame the issue on Solar Flare magnetic or UHF interference.

Question?

First we need to name this potential new product. I would suggest BBMT (Barry's Better Mouse Trap). ;D

Presently the Classic has a voltage discrimination of .1 volts. TRUE?
Could it be best to include a better ADC in the NEW BBMT for more precise trigger voltages?
Can the Classic "handle" more precise set points and width voltages or should that task be better handled by the BBMT?

Humbly yours
Barry